This one is from episode 13, better known as The one with the boobies, and it's not really a proper recipe. We don't see the actual boobies, aaaaa cookies, I meant cookies! We just see the cookie dough. I didn't think I would make it as part of the challenge, but then my house mates left for a week and I was feeling surprisingly alone in this big house. And terrified at every sound! A very stressful time in my life!
This is where the idea of eating cookie dough didn't sound so bad. Many times we find the cookie dough more delicious than the cookies and we end up binging and licking the bowl and risking our very lives in the process (please read in a overly-dramatic voice). So I searched the internet for a edible cookie dough recipe, so that my house mates won't come home to find me belly up. Death by cookie dough. That's not the way I wanna go.
I did find several versions, all leaving out the egg, so I decided to go ahead and try this.
I had a whole night planned out! I googled Pms movies and the internet did not disappoint. I decided on Bridget Jones Diaries (a classic), big ass glass of rose wine and a bowl of cookie dough. The perfect clichee! I was quite excited. First step: make said cookie dough.
1. Ingredients and quantities
2. The process
- Pre-step: get the butter out of the fridge, to soften.
- Cream the butter and sugar until it looks like in the second picture.
- Get the vanilla and the salt in there. Mix to incorporate.
- Add flour. I didn't add mine all at once, because it seemed much (especially since the plan is to eat it raw). I did add all of it eventually but I do think it was too much. And unnecessarily so.
- After all your flour is incorporated it will look thick and lighter in color than before.
- Now add the 2 tablespoons of milk to loosen it and give it that consistency we all know and love. Mix.
- Add chocolate chips. As many as you like. I used about 75 gr. out of the 100 suggested.
- Incorporate and there you go. You now have kinda edible cookie dough.
When this was done, I covered it with cling film and let it chill in the fridge until I was ready to get my pity party started. I took a bubble bath, put on my Thumper t-shirt, my Winnie-the-Pooh pijama pants, my socks with kittens on it, and my bear slippers.
I was sssssexy AND cosy! At the same time! I poured a glass of cheap rose, put the movie on the big screen, got my cookie dough bowl with a reasonable sized-spoon close and pressed the play button. It was ON!
Feedback: Bridget Jones Diaries is the best chick flick movie ever! Colin Firth is dreamy as fuck! Sweeter than cookie dough. Which brings me to reviewing what really matters here. The infamous “edible” cookie dough. I don't know if it's just me, but I found it quite disappointing. Maybe I wasn't sad enough, or lonely enough. Or maybe eating raw flour with butter and a ton of sugar just didn't quite do it for me. Maybe I'm too grown up for this shit. Oh, man, now I've bummed myself out. Maybe now I could use some cookie dough. Nope, still not my thing. Too sweet and nothing more. I had to wash that down with some old fashioned bread and butter.
All in all, a good night. But not thanks to the cookie dough. It could just be me. Try it and decide for yourself. Maybe you have a higher resistance to sugar. And raw flour. Or maybe you're still young at heart. Who knows?!
Until the next one, happy eating!